NORCOSS, GA – June 28, 2017 – ControlByNet’s i-flashback CLOUD video surveillance security solution allows rapid review of motion events for quick responses, which are essential when tracking stolen goods. For example, according to BoatUS Magazine, only one stolen boat in 10 is ever recovered. The rest are total losses; even those that are recovered are rarely worth much due to being stripped for parts.
“HOAs and property owners are under pressure to keep their communities safe and provide rapid responses when needed,” said Ryan Strange, CEO of ControlByNet. “We want to help educate users on why true-cloud solutions, like ours, are a better solution than on-site DVRs, which, in addition to using slow, clunky software, can be damaged or stolen and made useless. Benefits of our true-cloud solution include rapid review of events from any internet device – iphone, ipad or Android – anytime. This was key in the Long Lake Community boat recovery.”
Long Lake Community, a community with a lake, is not gated, but has only one entrance and exit. They installed a ControlByNet(CBN) solution consisting of the i-flashback software by CBN and a security camera near their entrance/exit. The installed specialized “tag camera” (license plate reader) was aimed to read vehicles coming into and leaving the community.
When a desperate owner reported to the board that his boat had been stolen, he had little hope. The owner only knew the approximate date of the theft. The board sprang into action. Due to the advanced and easy to use i-flashback software, they rapidly previewed clips of motion events, and were able to search through hundreds of motion events in minutes and find the “boat bandit”. The boat bandit had gone fishing in his own boat hauled by a utility truck. He saw the victim’s boat and decided to trade-up and leave with the “better” boat. The i-flashback software was able to quickly detect how many people were in the truck, identify the kind of truck, identify the logo on the truck and read the license plate. Providing this detailed information to the authorities, the boat owner was quickly able to get his boat back.
Key Components of the Security Solution:
i-flashback software is a leading software-based surveillance solution developed by ControlByNet. It is used in many small/medium businesses and properties to provide flexible options for video surveillance The ControlByNet solution is a cloud solution with advanced and easy to use features.
- Hosts Video Fully in the CLOUD (No Server Onsite!)
- No Server Onsite
- No local saving – DVRs can be damaged or stolen
- Access to Video and Archives from Any Web Browser
- Fully Supports iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Mobile
- 24/7 Access to Live Video
- Managed or Hosted Service Ensures it’s Running When You Need It Most!
- HOA Security Cameras can be triggered to alert a designated person whether a Security Guard or HOA president.
- Motion activated alerts have proven to be one of the most reliable ways to identify suspicious activity.
- Motion activated alerts at an unmanned security guard house, pool house, or community center – common areas that are prone to trespassing, vandalism, and theft can be safely guarded around the clock.
Photo Cred: Stockvault.net and Merelize